My Europe trip is going good (so far!). Interesting experiences in meeting people across half a dozen of countries.
Few key things I noticed so far:
- Food is a much bigger problem for a vegetarian like me in Europe then in a English speaking country like US or Singapore. Living on fruits, dry fruits, bread etc from Sunday and do feeling slightly weak.
- Non-veg food is so high that smell of pork, etc in supermarket makes me to literally lose senses.
- Internet connections are “awesome” almost everywhere. I get 4-5Mbps at free wifi hotspots and 15-20Mbps at hotel/offices/dorms etc.
- Public transport is lot better than that of US. This is one major drawbacks of California while for other areas in US it isn’t impressive anyways.
- Pre-paid cell phone connections are relatively cheap and one can get them easily for pretty low price.
- Public peering and availability of layer 2 media is lot more in Europe then anywhere else in world!
- European folks travel a lot for fun. Something which we don’t really see in India. :)
- Smoking, consumption of drugs seems lot more common and bigger fashion out here as compared to any other part of world I have been to so far.
- Place is somewhat less secure as compared to US.
- Popular place are full of lines e.g I stood in line for getting entry to Eiffel Tower in Paris.
So far I have been to Stockholm (Sweden), Paris (France), Berlin (Germany), Szczecin (Poland), Munich (Germany) and Austria. Next hop - Netherlands!